I have loved perusing the many surprising and beautiful ways in which you guys have hacked up run-of-the-mill IKEA bits and bobs and – inspired by this – I have made my own!
Necessity was the mother of invention here… I picked up this lantern for no other reason than I thought it was beautiful, and really had no use for it, but I...
Designed by ALPES Green Design & Build and built in 2016, this state of the art luxury townhouse is like having your very own resort at home. Located in Đà Nẵng, Vietnam, a city with a sunny and hot climate, preserving energy and cool air became essential. The designers wanted to create something different from the cramped and heated interiors ...
Laman Residence in Texas was recently updated by A Gruppo Architects for a retired couple. After 40 years of teaching Fibre-Arts and Interior Design at Texas State University, the Lamans desired a gallery and studio to compliment their modest 1970’s era modern home.
The owners sited the initial house within a dense canopy of live oak and cedar elm ...
What you will need:
- IKEA FJELLSE double bed & LUROY bed slats combo
- Paint or stain,varnish & foam brushes (I used Miniwax Wood finish in 2716 Dark Walnut and Circa 1850 Antique Paste Varnish- see right)
- Scrap cardboard to protect floors
- Staple gun ***highly recommend automatic
- Staples (I used 1/2″ T50s for the majority and...